Friday, March 5, 2010

Chapter 13: Good Morning Mrs. Crosby

I'd really appreciate feedback on this chapter ladies... it's different from the norm...

CHAPTER 13

“Sid… Sid dear? Wake up, it’s Mom,” came a happy whisper to the right of Mel’s head. She froze. Then as the blanket was pulled back gently she waited for the scream that was going to erupt. Thank god I put some clothes back on after that second round this morning. “Oh my! You aren’t my son, are you?” Maybe a crack in the earth will open up right now and swallow me whole.

“Good morning Mrs. Crosby. It’s… it’s very nice to meet you,” Melany said as calmly as possible, holding out a hand to Sid’s mom. The woman looked away and Mel thought for sure she wasn’t going to take her hand. But then she turned back around, laughter all over her face.

“You must be Melany, right? Well, I would hope after the things I’ve heard that you’re her. From the description I got, I’d say you are. I’m guessing no one else knows you’re here do they?” Mel shook her head as they clasped hands before grabbing her glasses off the bedside table. Then she turned and whacked Sid on the head with a pillow.

“Oi! Wake up, your mom’s here.” A very garbled voice came from under the pillow.

“My mom is in Canada.” Mel lifted the pillow and watched as Sid’s sleepy eyes blinked a couple times before going wide. “MOM! What are you doing here already? Oh god, where’s Dad? Don’t let him come in here!”

“Don’t worry son, he’s talking with Mario, I can’t pry him away. I think I’ll just go down and talk with Nathalie until you guys join us. I think I’ll leave it up to you guys to surprise everyone with your girlfriend’s presence,” she said with a smile. “It was very nice to meet you too by the way. I’ve heard many good things about you Melany. And please, call me Trina.” With that, she turned and walked to the door. Mel heard her turn the lock before she pulled the door closed behind her. She turned to Sid.

“What have you been telling your mother about me?!”

“Only good things, I swear,” he said with a smile.

“Why are you smiling so much? I just met your mom for the first time, lying in bed with you, in your shirt! She probably thinks I’m… well, she probably thinks badly of me!”

“She doesn’t, she told you to call her Trina. She’s only ever said that one other girl, and that’s Vero.”

“Oh, you… you’re saying that so I won’t stay mad at you. But I am. I’m staying mad. You’ll see. No sweet talking your way out of this one.”

“Yeah, yeah. Threaten me all you want sweetheart. C’mon, we’ll grab a shower and then you can go meet my family.”

“I’m not showering with you while your parents are downstairs! Are you crazy?!”

“Crazy about you.” Now, how am I supposed to even pretend to be angry when he says things like that? It’s not fair. Melany hopped out of bed and rummaged through her bag. She came up with two t-shirts, a gold glittery tank and the shirt combo from last night.

“What do I wear? I didn’t bring anything really nice--”

“They’re my parents, not royalty. Wear the outfit from last night, just button it a little more than you did yesterday,” he told her. They both smiled at the thought of her walking into the room with all those buttons undone.

“That would be a little shocking wouldn’t it?”

“Yes, and I’d have to sit with something over my lap all morning.”

“Well, we can’t have that, can we?” She dropped the outfit, along with clean undies, onto his bed and wandered over to him. Melany pulled his head down and kissed his face like she had the morning at Geno’s. “Ok, shower. But no funny business. Your mom knows how long it takes to shower.”

“I make no promises,” Sid said. Then he picked her up and carried her into the bathroom. After turning on the spickets he chucked a bottle of mouthwash at her from the sink. Mel caught it and laughed, loving that he didn’t find her quirk about morning breath too odd. She hummed as she swished, dancing to the beat of her own voice. “Is that what I think it is?”

Melany spit into the sink and nodded as she tossed the bottle back to him. What A Wonderful World by The Clarks was peppy and worked well. She watched as Sid took a swig and capped the bottle, pulling his shirt off as he gargled. It was amusing to watch him, but the sight of angry red marks on his back made her gasp.

“Oh geez… it looks like you were attacked by a wild animal last night!”

“Well, she was kind of a hellcat,” he replied as he spit out the liquid. “Now, we need to get in there and shower. Like you said, my mom knows how long it takes.”

“Butthead…” she pulled off his shirt and her panties. And stepped into the shower. The heat hit her body and Melany couldn’t help the moan that escaped her lips. “Oh hot water, you always feel so good.” She ducked under the spray as Sid stepped in behind her.

“Maybe we should make this a cold shower,” he offered in a strangled voice. Mel turned and gave him what she hoped was a sexy look with the water running over her.

“Keep it hot like this and I’ll make it worth your while, parents or no parents.”

*~*~*~*~*

Sid gulped as the woman under the nozzle stared at him with the biggest ‘fuck-me’ look in the world. As the water cascaded down over her body he watched a few droplets that slid over the tips of her breasts. He stepped toward her and snaked an arm around her waist. As her slick body pressed against his, he felt his cock harden. She rubbed against him and Sid couldn’t believe that he wanted her as badly as he did right now.

“This is going to be hard and fast,” he told her as his hands cupped her breasts, bending his head to take one tip in his mouth. He heard her gasp as he bit down on her nipple, a little pay back for the scratches that were all over his back. Not that she didn’t have her own marks from his hands and mouth already. Forcing himself to pull away, he turned her around, kicking her legs apart with his foot.

“I like it hard and fast.” Oh, don’t I know it.

“Are you ready for me Melany?”

“I’ve been dripping ever since you took off your shirt,” she replied as she bent over, her fingers splayed against the tile as she looked back at him. Taking himself in one hand, he landed a light smack on her ass, watching the water splash off her skin. Melany moaned and Sid grinned, plunging deep inside, holding still as he fought the exquisite sensations coursing through his body.

“God woman, you’re so tight… you undo me.”

Then he grabbed her hips and started fucking her, an almost furious pace as the water still slid down her back. He bit back a moan as he listened to Mel trying to keep her moans down in volume. She was so responsive to him, the slightest touch. He liked the fact that she told him what she liked. When he’d woken up this morning and found himself grinding against her he’d buried his face in her hair, his hand gripping her hip. She laughed and thanked god that he’d finally woken up so that she wouldn’t feel like a perv for going down on him while he was asleep.

Now, as he thrust himself in and out of her pussy he felt those familiar tingles as he got closer to an orgasm. He reached down to toy with her clit and groaned as her walls tightened around him.

“Oh god Sid, you’re gonna make me come baby, keep fucking me!”

“Such a dirty mouth Melany. Maybe we should clean it out with soap, no?”

“I think I could find something better to fill my mouth with, don’t you?” He gripped her hip tightly, his other hand furiously rubbing her clit. He heard her growl out the words to let him know she’d found her release, and he gave a few more savage thrusts into her clenching body before pulling out and twisting her around. Pushing her to her knees he slid his hand over his cock a few times before watching as his load shot over her face. After a few deep breaths he looked down.

“Oh my god! I’m… Melany I didn’t mean to… Jesus I’m an ass!” Sid yanked the washcloth from the shower caddy and soaked it under the nozzle before kneeling down in front of her and gently wiping it over her face, cleaning away the evidence of his loss of control. He felt her shoulders shaking. But when he pulled the cloth away he saw the smile on her face. “You aren’t mad??”

“I wondered when that control of yours would finally snap!”

“I’ve never done that to a woman before… I’m sorry!”

“Don’t be,” she told him as she traced her fingers along his jaw. He turned into her touch holding her hand and placing a kiss to the pulse point on her wrist. “It was hot. And I know you enjoyed it, or you wouldn’t have done it. Now, we really should get cleaned up. Your mom’s going to be giving us both that look when we finally get downstairs.” He chuckled and helped her to her feet. They took turns, one washing off while the other shampooed. Then they switched places before turning off the water. Sid stepped out and tossed a smaller towel at Melany for her hair, after she twisted it up he opened a giant and fluffy towel and held it up as she stepped into his embrace. He wrapped it around her and kissed her once more before leaving her to her own devices in the bathroom as wrapped his own towel around his hips. He padded across his room to his closet. Throwing a pair of jeans onto the bed he searched before selecting one of the graphic tees that Max had forced him to buy.

It wasn’t that he didn’t like them, but they pulled tight across his chest and Sid felt like everyone would stare. When he’d admitted that to Max, his buddy had laughed and told him that was the point. Can’t get women to appreciate your hockey body if you don’ show it off. He shook his head. We’ll see what Mel thinks. He heard a laugh as he was grabbing his briefs and turned to see Melany in the doorway. She had on her jeans and a white bra that looked identical to the corset from the night before. God, she’s gorgeous.

“What’s so funny?”

“Well, I was thinking to myself, now how am I gonna get my hair dry, and I turn and see this,” she told him as she held up the pink blow dryer.

“I can explain.”

“I bet you can. And I can’t wait to hear that explanation. But not now, I’ll wait until we’re at lunch.” He watched her disappear into the bathroom again before he could open his mouth.

“But, Flower and Vero will be there. And probably some of the guys too!”

“I know,” she yelled from inside. He couldn’t yell back though, the hair dryer came to life.

Sid just shook his head, knowing it was a losing battle, before drying off and getting dressed. He grabbed his cologne from the dresser and after a quick spray he headed into the bathroom to get gel. He wasn’t paying attention and ran smack dab into a warm body. He placed his hand on Melany’s ass to keep either of them from falling before looking down and seeing her bent over, hair pushed to the side as she looked back at him.

*~*~*~*~*~*

“Again Crosby? Well, if we must.. but my hair’s clean this time, so no repeats of the shower ok?”

“Oh god,” she heard him groan as he closed his eyes. Yeah, that’s going to be fun to tease him about for a while.

“I’m almost done,” Melany smiled. She ran her brush through her hair once more before straightening up and flipping her hair back. It fell down over her shoulders and she grabbed the bangs in one hand, twisting them up and back, pinning them on top of her head. “Did you need me for something?”

“Nah, just wanted to grab some gel.”

“God no! Let me do it!”

“Wh-what??”

“You put too much on… Let me try it once. Please?” She clapped her hands as he rolled his eyes but sat on the toilet seat, huffing out a breath. She dug in her bag, and pulled out a green bottle.

“What is that stuff,” Sid asked her, his eyes not trusting.

“Curl-shaping gel. With you not cutting that mop on your head because of the playoffs, I wanna see what it looks like. Just, give me two minutes. I’ll have you looking sexy as hell. Scouts honor!”

“You were a girl scout?” He looked up at her as she sprayed some gel onto his head, then a little on her hands, before tunneling her fingers through his hair.

“Nope!” She heard him groan but he didn’t pull away. After a couple minutes of playing around Mel stepped back to study her work. With a pleased smile, she told him to stand and take a look.

“Hey… it does look decent!”

“A little trust here Crosby!” She laughed as he leaned in and placed noisy kisses against her cheek and neck. “Get off me you oaf! Go finish getting ready.”

“I am ready, what do you think?” Mel looked at him, taking a good look for the first time. The material of his shirt stretched across the muscles of his chest. And the sleeved were just right against his biceps. The bulge of his belt buckle stuck out under the hem of his shirt and she found herself licking her lips as she looked back into his eyes.

“You look… fine…”

“Just fine?”

“Don’t sound so cocky,” she told him as she reached behind him and pulled her shirt over her shoulders. She was untucking her hair from her collar when she gasped. Sid’s hands came forward and started doing up the buttons, his knuckles brushing against her stomach as he went along. She closed her eyes as he finished, tracing his finger along the swell of her breasts before his lips pressed against the scar along her collarbone.

“What happened here?”

“Surgery. Tumor. When I was little,” Melany huffed out between breaths. He was too close. Smelled too good. She needed out of this bathroom. “We should really get downstairs.”

“Party pooper.”

“I know, I’m so mean to you!”

“You really are,” she heard him mumble as she nuzzled her neck. Then he laughed and grabbed her arm, pulling her along as he made his way to the door. Melany laughed at him, grabbing her vest off the chair and swinging it on one-handed as they opened the door and stepped out into the hallway.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Sid could feel her practically shaking as they made their way down the steps. He was a little nervous too, he’d never brought someone home with him before. And he had his parents and the Lemieux’s here, so it was a double whammy. But he decided to keep an open mind. He cleared his throat as he entered the kitchen. His mom and Nathalie turned around from the island.

“Good morning ladies.”They both responded with ‘good mornings’ and when he saw Nathalie smiling he knew his mother hadn’t kept her promise. Mario came in next and Sid saw the surprised look flit across his face for a split second before he smiled him and Melany.

“Well, good morning you two. This must be Melany. We’ve heard so much about you.”

“I’m a little nervous that everyone keeps telling me that,” Sid heard her say. But she still stood beside him. He could tell that she wanted to at least use him as a shield, but she was putting on a brave front for this initial meeting. Sid loved her guts, she really surprised him. He had just turned to offer her something to drink when his dad walked into the room.

“And who is this young lady,” he heard his father ask. Obviously Mom didn’t tell him about Melany before this.

“This is Melany dad, my girlfriend.”

“You don’t have time for a girlfriend. This is playoff hockey son. There’s time for girlfriends in the summer. Now, let’s go over that game tape from last night.”

His mother stared at his father, her mouth open wide. “Troy, maybe now is not the time--”

“No no, it’s fine Trina,” Melany told his mom. “I was just leaving anyway. Mr. and Mrs. Lemieux, you have a wonderful home. Maybe next time I’ll be able to see more of it.” Sid just stared as she turned and started to take a step toward the back door. Where on earth is she going to go, she doesn’t have a car? His dad didn’t seem to notice the tension in the room.

“C’mon Sid. Those tapes won’t play themselves. Had I known your mind wasn’t focusing properly, I’d have hopped on a plane sooner.” Sid heard the sharp intake of breath, knew that Melany had heard what his dad had said. She was holding onto the doorknob, but she didn’t open it. “Besides, if you’re gonna have some fun, I expect you to choose wisely next time.” Sid heard the muffled curse, saw her shut the door and spin around. She had fire in her eyes. He’d never seen Melany mad before. She stomped up to the two of them and then looked at Mario.

“Mr. Lemieux, are you children home?”

“No dear, they’re at school. Why?”

“Because I promised Sid I wouldn’t do anything to embarrass him in front of you or them, but this man just crossed a line. Would you mind telling me sir, just what do you find so abhorrent about me?” His dad just smirked.

“Don’t try playing games with me little girl. I can tell what you want. It’s the same thing the rest of them want. The money, the fame. You just want to say that you’ve had someone famous. Well, congratulations. Mission accomplished. But you, you aren’t girlfriend material for my son. He deserves the best, and frankly, you aren’t it. I know it, he knows it, and now you know it. So you can take a hike.”

“I see. And what do you have to say about this?” Sid stared at her. He wanted to tell her that his dad was wrong, that what he was saying wasn’t what he thought at all. But the words wouldn’t come. He looked down at the ground. “Glad I found this out now then Sidney, before I developed any real feelings toward you. You’re a great actor, I’ll give you that much. Good luck in your fucking playoffs you asshole.” Then she was gone.

He heard the door slam, watched his dad head off toward the den. Then he looked up at Mario. His landlord just shook his head before grabbing Nathalie’s hand and drawing her out of the room. His mom was the only one to say something.

“Why do you let him do that to you? How many times have we talked this month about her? You do nothing but gush about her. I know it’s not the right time son, but you were happy. During playoffs. That’s got to count for something.”

“I gotta go over those tapes with Dad. I know I can learn something from them.” Sid walked away, trying to ignore the crushed look on his mom’s face.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Melany walked down to the main street and hung a left. She didn’t know where she was going, just that she couldn’t stay there and listen to some man who knew nothing about her, yet had the gall to insult her like that. And Sid hadn’t done anything. Nothing! Even agreeing would’ve been preferably to the silence.

She ripped her phone out of her pocket and dialed the one person who could come get her. After a couple rings the person on the opposite end of the line answered their phone.

“’Allo?”

“Vee, I need you to come and get me?”

“Mel-uh-nee? Where are you?”

“I just,” she let out a sob as everything started to hit her. “I just need a friend right now.”

“Are you still at Mario’s?”

“No. I’m on Main Street in Sewickley. There’s a coffee shop on my left called Cool Beans. I’m going to go in there. Do you know where I mean?”

“I’ve driven by it a couple times. Give me fifteen minutes okay?”

Fifteen minutes later Mel’s phone buzzed with a txt from Vero, telling her that she was parked outside. She slipped out the front door and climbed up into Marc’s vehicle.

“What ‘appened?” The tears finally hit as she thought of the things Sid’s dad had said, and how Sid hadn’t defended her. She spilled everything to Vero on the way to her and Marc’s. When they got to the house Vee put an arm around her shoulder as they walked inside. Max sat on a bar stool in the game room talking with Flower. He was the first to see her.

“Ah, Mel-uh-nee, it’s it so good to see you again. ‘Ow did you know I was here?” The last thing she needed was some jumped-up Frenchman trying to hit on her, and Max seemed to notice that. His face turned serious. “What’s wrong? Why aren’t you smiling?”

“Just a little hurt right now Max.”

“Come. We’ll go for a walk,” he stated, “and you will explain it all to me.”

She didn’t want to go for a walk. She didn’t want to do anything. Right now, all she wanted was to curl up under a big, comfy blanket and cry… or sleep… whichever one happened first. But Max took her by the hand and led her outside into the sunshine again. He slid his arm over her shoulders as they walked down the street from Flower’s house. He didn’t press for information, and Mel didn’t even know what was appropriate to say. Do I talk to his teammates about something like this?

“So what did ‘e do that has you so upset?”

“Should I even be talking to you about this?”

“Sid’s one of my closest friends on the team. It’s probably a tossup between him and Flower. And when he’s upset, the team suffers… Not to put pressure on you… So if talking about it helps you, then it helps him, which in turn helps us.”

Mel continued walking, digesting the information Max had just lain in front of her. She didn’t want to believe that he would let this affect his playing abilities. But what if it did? What if he played lousy because of a fight with her? Too bad, maybe he should’ve at least stuck up for me!

“It’s Troy.”

“His dad? I don’ follow…”

“I met his parents this morning, after his mom surprised us by walking into his room… and then I met them and Mario and Nathalie downstairs… his dad said some things that I didn’t appreciate… Then I walked out. And Sid didn’t come after me. End of story.”

Max let out a low whistle. They had come upon an area with some tables and a mini playground. Hopping onto the table, Mel leaned forward, her head down, and the tears started to fall.

“Ah, don’ cry… I’m not good with crying. Screaming and moaning, sure… crying, no…” She looked up through her fingers and saw the stricken look on his face. Letting out a short giggle, she sniffed and rubbed at her eyes. Then the hiccups started. “Well, now you just seem drunk,” Max told her, a smile playing on his lips.

“I just… I never thought in a million years that his dad would be so cold. I mean, I expected him not to like me right away, but what he said… it really hurt.”

“What did he say… if you don’ mind me asking?”

“He said that I wasn’t good enough for Sid. And that he knew it, Sid knew it, and now I knew it. So I could take a hike.”

“I’m sure he didn’t mean…” Melany glared at Max. “Ok, he probably did mean it like that. But still, he shouldn’t have said it. and Sid didn’t say anything??”

“Not one word. He wouldn’t even look at me. Even an agreement would’ve been preferable to that! Ok, maybe not an agreement… but still. I thought… I thought that he cared about me, at least a little.”

“He does. We all know it. Don’ sell yourself short. He’ll come around.”

“Well, I’m not the type to just sit back and wait, so by the time he ‘comes around’ I could be gone.”

“Just give him a couple days max! He’s never been one to back down from something he feels strongly about. but sometimes he needs a swift kick in that huge ass of his to get on the right track. You’ll see.” Melany watched him hop off the table and he held a hand out to her. “C’mon, we’ll go back and play some video games at Flower’s. You’ll have a blast.”

“Fine,” she said, half-smiling. “Just don’t start rambling in French when I’m kickin’ your butt. I won’t be able to understand you!”

*~*~*~*~*

What the hell is your problem?!

Sid stared down at the text on his phone. It was the third one he’d gotten in the past half an hour. They were all similar, and all from different people. He could answer them, he didn’t know himself. He’d been sitting out on a lounger by the pool for the past twenty minutes and he still had no idea what had happened. Everything had been going well until his dad had opened his mouth.

This was supposed to have been a good day. Now, here he sat, all alone, watching as the sun was starting to set. He didn’t have the first idea of what he could say to Melany to make her come back. Max, Flower and Vero were obviously on her side in this mess, like he really blamed them. Even Mario looked at him like he’d killed one of the dogs.

“FUCK,” he growled.

“Sidney Patrick, I’m pretty sure I raised you better than that.” He glanced up as his mom came down the patio steps, two glasses of something in her hands.

“The usual sweet tea to make me smile Mom?”

“I thought we could use something a little stronger this time sweetie.” Sid took the glass and sipped tentatively. The whiskey burned going down. It felt good.

“What happened today Mom? I thought it was going so well…”

“And it was, until your father came in the room. I love him Sidney, you know I do. But what he said today was completely out of line. And he knows it. we both know he only wants what he thinks is best for you. I think you two need to talk about this.”

“Me and him, or me and Melany? Because I really don’t want to talk to the first one, and I don’t think that the second one would even listen to me.”

“I wouldn’t blame her. You acted like a complete jackass,” she told him. He snorted.

“That’s probably putting it mildly. I think I was so shocked by what Dad said. I don’t know what to do to make it up to her. I don’t even know if she’ll let me try.”

They talked for a while about other stuff. He knew his mom was just trying to get his mind off of everything. It didn’t work, but he let her think it did. I’ll just sleep on it tonight, and figure it out in the morning.


I fought with myself to post this chapter... but you can't always have sunshine and roses... And if you watch on the side bar, my other blog HSS, is going to have a new link up tomorrow* A one shot about a certain defenseman who has been on my mind since Valentine's Day, darn him for taking time away from Sid* LOL. Anyway, it's a three part story, and scheduled to post the 6th, 7th, and 8th at 5pm! I hope you'll give it a read!

5 comments:

  1. wow sid. way to be a douchebag!
    you're a grown man, don't let your dad boss you around!
    blahh lahdhdfgkjhdfkjgh
    grrrr sid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great update!! I feel so bad for her!! His dad was really harsh and I can't believe Sid didn't do anything about it and let her leave like that!! Can't wait to see what happens with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope things work out between them! I can't believe Troy... I never thought of him that way... Great update! Please add more soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy. Sidney better fix this or I will have to leave Texas and beat him.
    I can't wait to see what happens with this, and your one about... ALEX!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay first you should know that when you commented and told me you were going to work on ALS I squealed like a little girl, and then I sign in to see an update and I was literally so excited.

    BAHHH This update was soooo good. I love the two of them getting ready together!!! Cuuute.

    Then, Sidney Crosby... what a dick. I can't believe he didn't even say anything. Or, fine don't say anything, but follow her, ugh.

    So excited to see what you've got coming up next and excited for a new story!!

    ReplyDelete