Friday, September 3, 2010

Chapter 30: Spending The Day With Stanley

“Sidney we have to leave to meet the Cup soon! You have 30 minutes to be down at this front door! Melany, get him out of that bed before I have to come in there! I’ll do it, you just watch!”

Sid tried his best to ignore the booming voice outside his bedroom door. Especially since there was closer, female voice that was whispering to him. Her words were laced with sexy innuendo, each syllable barely registering to his sleep-deprived brain. God, she’s insatiable.

Opening his eyes, Sid looked at the woman kneeling on the bed beside him. She was all wrapped up in a satin robe, every inch of her body covered. He didn’t like that. He didn’t like that at all. Stretching his hand out to pull the material apart, Melany moved out of his reach, shaking her head.

“Are you awake now baby?” She was still whispering, and he couldn’t figure out why. His dad had been yelling loud enough to wake his neighbors so he would know that they were both up now. He shook his head and sat up on his elbows as she slipped off the edge of the bed.

“Why are you whispering,” he asked in a hushed tone, wondering what kind of game she was playing. He moved his body down until his feet were hanging over the edge of the mattress and the fabric of the sheet was covering him modestly.

“Shhhh… remember, you have thirty minutes. We don’t want you to be late birthday boy,” she said quietly. “Now, try and stay focused.” With a wink, she started singing Happy Birthday in a voice that would make Marilyn Monroe jealous! And with each breathy note, the robe came undone.

And oh what a happy birthday. As his member started to harden under the sheet, Mel was rocking her hips back and forth to her little tune. He chuckled when the sides of the robe were completely open and he was staring at a very Marilyn-esque nightgown, stark white against her tanned skin and the midnight black robe that was now falling off her shoulders.

As she got to the climax of the birthday wish the robe fell to the floor and she moved in front of him. He slid his fingers up her legs, over the material, and along her hips until he could grasp her waist and pull her down. He trapped her in his arms, the rumpled sheet the only thing between them, unless her panties were literally painted on.

“Are you ready for the most intense birthday you’ve ever had?”

“I am. Are you ready for it?”

“I don’t know. I think I need something to really get me in the mood,” she chuckled against his neck. Sid slid on hand down over her ass and held tight as he flipped them both. He leaned down, catching a nipple in his mouth, his tongue soaking the fabric as he busied himself lower, divesting himself of the fabric barrier and moving the flimsy skirt out of the way as well. Slipping two fingers over her pussy, Sid felt the heat and wetness and knew she was already ready for him.

“Someone got worked up in a hurry.”

“Someone was worked up by the time she put this friggin’ piece of satin on and tied the sash of her robe.”

“Well, let me help you work that frenzy out,” Sid replied in a gravelly voice as he placed the tip of his cock against her opening and slid home. He groaned at the tightness at engulfed him, felt her muscles squeezing him as her nails dug into his biceps.

“Oh fuck Sid! Mmmm, fuck me hard!”

“Shhh, you’re the one who said he have to be quiet,” he whispered against her ear. Then, covering her mouth with his, Sid thrust hard and swallowed her scream with a kiss.

This is already so much better than my last birthday.

Sid got lost in her eyes, the gold flecks practically glowing like molten metal as he rocked his hips against her, pushing her into the mattress with each thrust. Mel clung to him, one hand tangled in the hair above his neck and the other clenched against his side. He brought his head down, his tongue and teeth feasting on the flesh of her collarbone.

She whispered dirty thoughts in his ear, things that only made him move faster against her, his body now slamming into her. His fingers dug into her hips as he gave in to her bidding and moved the way she was begging him to. Hearing the hitch in her breathing, Sid knew she was getting close. He wanted to feel her come around him when he lost control.

“Yes Sid, yes. So close. Don’t. Stop.” Her voice came out as a strained whisper as her legs wrapped around his waist. She was meeting him thrust for thrust and he could feel her muscles quivering. As Mel’s hips lifted off the bed and her head tilted back against the pillows Sid held her tight, feeling everything between the two of them tighten quickly and release.

Her name left his lips in a low groan as he jerked and bottomed out, his body twitching as he found his own release deep inside her. She was whimpering, a satisfied smile on her face and when he felt capable, Sid lifted himself from her, hearing the breath hiss through her teeth as he pulled out.

“Now that… that had to have been the best birthday present ever!”

Sid chuckled as he sprawled out on the bed beside her. There was a loud banging on his door not more than two seconds later.

“SIDNEY! GET. READY. OR. I. WILL. COME. IN.”

“Oh for the love of… Stay away from that door knob or I will quick hockey tomorrow and move to Hawaii lay on the beach for the rest. Of. My. Life.” There was dead silence.

“Consider yourself lucky that I don’t know when you’re kidding anymore,” came the muffled reply, followed by “Just try not to make it much longer. I’d like to not have to make a thirty minute drive in fifteen.”

*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Trina, are you sure I should be riding in the car with you guys?”

“Well, where else would you be dear?”

“I just thought… maybe I should just head over to tennis courts now. Make sure everything is set up properly and stuff…”

“You are so like Sidney sometimes.” Mel looked at Trina, seeing Sidney’s smile reflected on his mom’s face. “It’s a good thing,” she laughed.

“Is it?”

“You both feel uncomfortable to be in the parade. He hates the spotlight. Seems like you do as well. But you have to remember that you’re important in all of this as well.”

“Oh puh-leeze. I am not the captain of the team, or the Boy Wonder of Canada. My job is infinitely less stressful than his,” Mel said as she looked over at Sid. He and Max were goofing off while Troy stood beside them. He was attempting to look stern, but she could see the smile threatening to come out.

“But not any easier dear. You not only have to keep yourself sane when you’re with him, you have to keep him sane as well. And my son thinks the world of you.” Trina replied quietly, bringing a hand up to cup Mel’s cheek. “Now, go give him a kiss and then get your ass in the vehicle. I don’t want to hear any other complaining.”

Mel laughed and gave her a quick hug. Trina Crosby was a force to be reckoned with. Thank goodness she likes me! Watching Sid’s family getting ready to start the ball rolling for Sid’s day with the Cup, she didn’t hear anyone come up behind her.

“Psssst,” came a whisper, making Mel jump. Two arms wrapped around her and she could feel the slight pressure of a chin on her shoulder.

“Sweet Jesus! Give me a heart attack why don’t you! I swear Sidney, sometimes I think you’re pretty lucky that I lo--”

His arms tightened around her before he picked her up and made her scream as he spun her around a couple times. When Sid let her down she turned into his arms. He was looking down at her, smiling that hundred-watt smile that melted her to the bone.

“I’ll see you at our first stop. Have fun with Taylor!”

“I’m going to remember this. I hope all that cake you’re going to be eating goes straight to your ass. Then you can give that thing its own zip code!” He laughed and then leaned down, his lips pressed against her ear.

“You know you like it. You’re always grabbing it to take me deeper into yo--”

“SHHHHHHHHHHH!” Mel smacked him in the chest as she blushed a million shades of red. “Go… go get in that damn tank or whatever it is and away from me! You’re incorrigible!”

“L-A-V woman, light-armored vehicle,” laughed as he gently grabbed her neck, forcing her to look up at him once more. His eyes flashed desire and Mel wondered who would miss them if they snuck away for a moment. Sid must’ve been able to tell what she was thinking because he brought his forehead against hers.

“If we could escape, I would. We’ll have fun later, I promise.”

Then he chastely kissed her lips and jogged off to get in the military vehicle. Mel sighed happily before walking over to the other LAV and hopping in. Taylor was looking at her, smiling.

“What?”

“I didn’t want to like you, you know. I wanted to hate you just like I’ve hated any other girl that I’ve ever met who has had any connection to my brother. But I couldn’t. From the moment we met… I couldn’t help but like you!”

“What makes me different?” She couldn’t wait to hear this, because she’d never gotten a vibe from Taylor that was anything other than friendly.

“My brother loves you.” It was a simple sentence. Four words. But it made Mel want to cry. “The way he looks at you, the way he is when the two of you are together… that’s what I want when I grow up. I want the fairytale love like you guys have.”

“You think we’re a fairytale?”

Mel quirked an eyebrow at the younger Crosby and Taylor giggled like all teenagers do.

“Okay, maybe not a fairytale. Life isn’t that simple, is it? How about a really good romantic comedy?”

“Ahhh, now that’s got some potential!”

The two were laughing as Trina and Troy joined them. They both had questions written all over their faces and Mel tried to stifle the bubbling laughter that was pouring out of her mouth. But, like always, she ended up snorting in her attempt to calm down and both she and Taylor were practically roaring as the LAV came to life.

“I don’t know,” Mel heard Troy say to his wife. “And I don’t want to.” But even he was smiling. As she brought her breathing back under control, Mel caught his eye and winked at him. Then she chuckled when she heard him snort and shake his head. Then they were off, driving behind Sid and Max, on their way to their first stop.

After spending some time, but not enough according to both she and Sidney, with the young patients of the IWK Health Centre the little entourage made its way toward Cole Harbour. Mel was a little saddened by the fact that they were now going to be in plain old convertibles. She had gotten used to the giant metal vehicle.

“Pfft. How come he gets the fire truck and we have to be in cars? So not fair,” she said with a smile. “Are you sure we can’t keep the LAVs?” They all shook their heads no. “Oh fine. Can I at least ride with Max? Taylor is way too much trouble!”

Taylor yelled in mock outrage and started after Mel. Being the adult in the situation Mel did the only thing she could think of… She ran! They were chasing each other in between the cars and Mel was laughing and running around the back bumper of the car she’d be sitting in when she spotted Sid and Max together. They were over by a few trees and away from most of the people. She took off sprinting and practically tackled Sid in a hug before using him as a shield.

“What in the—“

“No fair! You can’t use him for protection!”

“Oh, I totally can,” she retorted. She could hear Max laughing and wondered if Sid found this as amusing as the rest of them.

“You know Taylor, I know a quick way to end these shenanigans.” Mel was about to tell him not to have a cow, that they were having fun, when he grabbed one of her wrists and maneuvered her in front of him. His grip tight, Sid quickly had both of her hands captive. “She’s really ticklish on her sides and behind her knees,” he yelled to his sister.

“Sid! No! C’mon! Ahhhh! Taylor, no! You guys! This isn’t funny,” Mel let out a little shriek as Taylor attacked her ribs. “Max! Help!”

“I do not think so chère. You wouldn’t want me to hurt my healing shoulder would you,” he asked, flashing a conspirator smile.

“Jerk! Hahahaha! Oh, so unfair!” She laughed until her stomach hurt and she had tears in her eyes. Sid had released her and was helping his sister attack as many ticklish spots at once that they could. “Oh my god, I’m gonna puke if you two don’t stop soon!”

The words came out choppy and breathless and were completely ignored by the siblings. They were laughing as well, all three of them acting like they were five. Suddenly Taylor squealed as she was pulled away. Mel could hear her laughter get more high-pitched and turned to see Max finally come to her rescue, his hands poking at Taylor’s sides, retaliation for the torture that she had just endured at the teenager’s hands.

Sid was still attacking her, but the movements felt more like smooth caresses over her body. She was still laughing, but with each swipe of his fingers he left her more and more breathless.

“You had better stop before I take you into those bushes and have my wicked way with you again,” Mel whispered. Sid paused, as if weighing his options, then smirked and leaned back on his heels, holding out a hand to help her up.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

With one more kiss he turned and walked away with Max. Stopping beside the convertible that Max would be in, Sid looked at his friend.

“I’m going to do it tonight.”

“Good it’s about time you lost your virginity!”

“Har har. No, seriously… I’m asking her tonight.”

“Don’t Sid, don’t ask her that. Not now.”

“Why not?!”

“Because you aren’t ready.”

“But I want her to kno-”

“She knows you love her. We can all see that. But believe me, it’s too soon.”

“Why? Brooks did it. TK took the plunge. Even Flower, and you know how he was about marriage.”

“Really… are you listening to yourself? You want to marry her because that’s what everyone else is doing. Trust me mon ami, you’ll ruin everything you two have.”

Sid huffed and turned away, walking toward the fire truck. What did Max know?! He was the biggest player out of all of them. He talks like he knows where I’m coming from, but he’s never been in a serious relationship. Until April though, neither had he. Maybe Max is right.

Sid put his hand against the box in his pocket. It was a simple ring. Nothing flashy. But that wasn’t his style. And he knew it wasn’t Melany’s either.

Climbing onto the truck, he nodded toward the driver and the parade began. As they turned the first corner, Sid forgot about his personal dilemma and just stared at the throngs of people. There were so many.

Sid felt his eyes water with tears of pride. It had been these very streets that he’d ridden his bike down on the way to practices. The same streets his mom had driven him down when he’d gotten hurt at a game. To see all of the people out here five, six rows deep along the pavement. It humbled him.

He laughed as he saw a few signs letting him know that the person holding it was celebrating his or her birthday as well. It was amazing to see all of the people who took the time out of their day to come see him. Come cheer for him.

As the parade ended and he stepped up onto the podium by the mayor, Sid stole a glance at Mel again. She was leaning against Max, a huge smile on her face as she stared up at him. He winked at her and she blew him a kiss. It reminded him of the first time they’d done that at a game. Should I wait?

His thoughts there cut short as the mayor announced that today would be titled ‘Sidney Crosby Day.’ The crowd went completely ape shit and Sid struggled to keep from jumping at the sheer volume. He listened to the mayor say a few words and then it was his turn. He cleared his throat and smiled to the sea of people.

"I know there's a lot of young kids here that are watching and seeing the Stanley Cup up close. I'm sure a lot of you are dreaming of winning it yourself, either go through it when you're playing road hockey or when you're on the rink. I just want to let you know that I did the same thing and the proof is right here that you can do it, so go for it!" The roar of the crowd made him smile. Throwing a glance at the Stanley Cup he had helped capture, finished his mini speech. "I would love to be able to say that this is something that's going to happen every year, and I really hope it happens again sooner than later. For everyone here, and for me personally, this is something I'm going to soak up and enjoy. Enjoy every second of it."

Another birthday cake was brought out and he laughed as his family came up on stage with him. Snaking an arm around Mel’s waist, he refused to let her try to escape. He knew she wasn’t sure how to act still, not around all these people. So he held her close, showing her what he wanted from her. They all had a bite of cake and he held himself in check from licking a swipe of icing off the side of her mouth.

More pictures were taken with eighty-seven lucky fans, and then, as the Cup and other trophy were wheeled into the center, Sid and some of his friends from his younger years set up the stage for a roller hockey game. He saw Max’s eyes flash an instant of jealousy before he gave that trademark smile and promised to keep Mel company.

“I’m sorry man. I wish you could come out here and play with us.”

“As do I mon ami. As do I. But I want this damn thing to heal properly,” Sid heard his friend say. But he could still see the want in his eyes. Fist-bumping, Sid ran over to don his equipment. As he always had during these pick-up games when he was little, he was going to play goalie. He saw Melany raise an eyebrow and pointed to his dad.

As his father winked Mel burst out laughing and then sat down with them. Sid hoped he’d be able to keep all of the shots out. He knew it wasn’t probable to get a shut out, but he wanted to win. Of course. And win they did, 7-3.

The rest of the night flew by and Sid could only smile as he stretched out in bed beside his woman. They had been running around all day and he still had some time with the Cup the next day. The perks of being captain. Pressing a kiss to the side of her head, Sid listened to the even breathing, realizing she was asleep.

“Hey,” he whispered, seeing if she would rouse from her slumber. “Mel? Are you still asleep?” Nothing, No response. It amazed him that she slept like the dead, but she said she’d brown up near train tracks and barges. He tried once more to wake her, and when it didn’t work, he smiled in the darkness as he stared at the ceiling.

“I’m glad you sleep so heavily, because I want to tell you a couple things, but I don’t want to scare you. And if you were awake, you’d probably try to shut me up. But I need to get a few things off my chest.”

Instead of a response, he felt her burrow deeper into his neck, her lips brushing against his throat in her sleep. And even the innocent touch made him semi-hard.

“I can’t believe how strong my feelings are after such a short time. I guess I should since I’m pretty intense when I want something. I want to be with you Melany. I want all of you. I want to wake up with you every morning that I can, fall asleep with you every night that I can. I want to throw parties with our friends, live together, maybe even get married someday soon. I don’t care if someone thinks it’s too early for that. I know what I want.”

She blew a breath out against his skin and Sid froze, thinking she would awaken and tell him he was a fool. After a moment, with no more movement, he continued his late-night ramblings.

“I want to be there when all those life-altering moments occur. See the smile on your face when we say ‘I do.’ Feel our baby kick in your belly. I’ve seen it already in a dream. Our little boy. He looks like me, but he acts just like you. I want that. I want it badly.”

“Sid?” He choked on the next words he’d been about to say. As the moonlight came through his windows, Sid looked down into Mel’s eyes. They were still cloudy with sleep and he prayed she hadn’t heard him. “Sid? Are you awake? I thought I heard a voice.”

“I was just talking to myself since I couldn’t sleep.”

“You did have a lot of sugar today,” he heard her say with a smile. Flipping them over, Sid stared down at her face as one of his hands pushed beneath the waistband of the shorts she’d borrowed from him. Sliding a hand against her pussy he heard her quiet moan.

“Maybe you can help me burn off this excess energy then,” he chuckled. Mel laughed along with him and Sid smiled as he kissed her. He would take his time her before finally falling asleep. And then he would have more time with the Cup. Then soon enough they would heading back to Pittsburgh so that she could go house-hunting and he could get some training in.

As he slid her shorts down and slid his shorts down, Sid wondered if she ever thought about their future. Wondered if she ever dreamed about a life with him forever. For the first time in a while, he did more than help her find release, he made love to her. And afterwards, as they lie there in the pre dawn hours, Sid tucked her into his arms, whispering words of love and hearing the smile in her voice as she whispered them back.

4 comments:

  1. Awe that was so sweet. I don't think it's too soon at all. Love is just one of those things. When you know you want forever you just know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ask her Sid!!! When its right, its right no matter how short a time it has been!

    ReplyDelete
  3. favorite random thing: Max goofing off and Troy trying to be stern. I can imagine it!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Sid. End of story. Great chapter as always and I can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete